Matcha Tea is becoming quite popular these days. You may be asking "What is Matcha?" Most historians believe that the very first green tea seeds were brought to Japan from China by the Zen Monk Eisai in 1191 A.D. In Japanese, "Ma" means powder and "Cha" means tea. So, in essence you have a powder tea which is the most potent green tea in the world. Okay! That's great but how does that benefit anyone? One major benefit of this tea is that it packs a punch of antioxidants. Just one cup of Matcha Tea has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of Green Tea. Antioxidants are naturally occurring componds that help prevent chronic diseases and aging. Not only is this green tea great in these areas, but it is also a great addition to your skin care routine.
Your thinking, "How is Matcha beneficial for my skin?" Lets Dive in! Matcha is a natural alternative to the products found in your local stores. It is also a valuable ingredient when it comes to antioxidants because it contains EGCG, a hard-to-find antioxidant that counters the effects of pollution, UV rays, radiation, and chemicals. Antioxidants are the key because they work to reduce inflammation and free radicals that accelerate skin aging.
- Reduces Inflammation: Matcha has anti-imflammatory properties that help reduce redness associated with chronic skin conditions such as rosacea and acne. Matcha is also gentle enough for all skin types to use.
- Treats Oily Skin: One can use this green tea to shrink pores and reduce the production of oil associated with acne.
- Improves Complexion: It helps to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy. Who doesn't want that? I know I sure do! This green tea gently exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells and improve ones complexion.
- Ant-Aging: Matcha stimulates elastin production to add volume to the skin. It also protects the skin against free radicals that cause sun damage, age spots, dry skin, and wrinkles.
- All Skin Types: This is great for all skin types. Oily/Acne Prone, Mature, Combination, Normal, and even Dry Skin. The reason is because it is natural with no harsh chemicals. That is why it is gentle enough for younger skin and great for skin types that need that extra boost.
The next time you want a little rejuvenating skin treatment, a "Matcha Facial Mask" is one of the best things you can do. We have taken the leg work out for you. Here at Natures Bath & Body we offer two amazing masks. The first mask is our "Go Green Mask." This mask contains Matcha, Sea Clay, French Clay + Oatmeal Powder. This mask is great for
- Improving circulation
- Firming & smoothing
- Evening skin tone
- Removing toxins
Our second mask is our "Matcha Mask." This mask contains Matcha + Oatmeal Powder. This mask is great for
- Drawing out toxins
- Toning & firming skin
- Remoing dead skin cells
- Reducing ance
- Reducing eczema/dry skin
So go ahead and treat your face today! You won't regret it:)