It is that time of the year for colds and flus to strike our homes. Our "All Natural Vapor Rub" is a great remedy to have around. Having small children and babies really limits your options for treating cough and congestion.
I used to keep Vicks on hand at my house for cold and flu season. I would apply it to my kids feet and chests when they weren't feeling good. Vicks is what I grew up using, therefore it only made sense to use it on my children. I didn't think twice about it or the ingredients that were in it. Todays consumers, as well as myself, are becoming more aware of the stuff that we put on or in our body.
That is why I quit using store bought rubs and created an all natural alternative for my family. I wanted a product that I felt comfortable using on my kids and myself. The all natural ingredients I use to make my vapor rub is beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils. The smell is powerful, refreshing, and not to mention it works great :)
Our All-Natural Vapor Rub is great for congestion and coughs! However, it is also great to use on sore muscles, headaches, and much more. Here are just a few other ways to use our Rub:
- Headaches: Rub a small amount of vapor rub on your temples and forehead to help relieve headaches. The mentholated scent will release pressure in your head and instantly relieve pain.
- Sore Muscles: Just apply to the areas that you are feeling soreness and pain. It is that simple.
- Acne Treatment: Apply to pimples several times a day to dry them out.
- Treat Splinters: Apply to prevent infection and to help sliver work its way out.
- Dissolve Bruises: Mix rub with salt and apply it on top of the recently bruised area. It encourages a faster breakdown of the blood, getting rid of the black and blue faster.