Sachets are super easy to make and will leave your drawers smelling AMAZING! Some people make there own little bag but the great thing is you don't have too. I like to use a small organza bag but you can just use one that is lying around your house 🏡 . The bag you use should be made of fabric so the scent can permeate through.
Some ideal herbs 🌿 to use are lemon balm, rosemary, peppermint, lavender, spearmint, lavender, thyme. Flowers 💐 that are great to add are rose petals, chamomile, jasmine, peony, lilacs, gardenia, hyssop, and lily of the valley. Now let's get started!
- Select dried flowers and herbs you would like to put in your sachet. You can just do lavender or a blend of rose petals, lavender, and chamomile. Even a rosemary and mint combination is nice. Choose what you like and have fun with it.
- Make sure you have enough dried flowers and herbs to fill your bag.
- Essential Oil(s) can be added to enhance the scent of your sachet. Just a few drops is needed. Lavender essential oil seems to be the most popular. You can either add a couple of drops once your bag is filled. Or you can mix your herbs/flowers in a bowl with your essential oil(s) before filling your bag.
- Once your ingredients are added to your bag you will need to close it. Organza bags come with added strings for tying it closed. That is why I love using them. If your bag does not have this, then you can use a piece of string, ribbon, yarn, a twist tie. or glue it shut.
- Rubbing the bag gently, after it is closed, will further release the scent from your herbs/flowers. Now enjoy! 😊